Back to Children & Family Services

Bicycle Helmets
Child Care
Am I Eligible for Child Care Assistance?
Child Care Forms
Finding Child Care
How to Become a Child Care Provider
Parent Notes
Provider Information
Summer Program (W.A.S.P.)
Child Safety Seats
Children's School Shoes
Parenting/Home Visits
Welcome Baby

Am I Eligible for Child Care Assistance?

If you are working, going to school, in a job training program, or in an approved CALWORKS activity and your gross monthly income is at or below the amount listed for the size of your family, you may qualify.

Family Size Monthly Income Yearly Income
1-2 $4,030 $48,360
3 $4,340 $52,080
4 $4,877 $58,524
5 $5,657 $67,884
6 $6,468 $77,616

If you qualify we can:

  • pay all or part of your child care bill.
  • help you find child care that meets your needs.
  • pay the provider you are using now if they are willing to meet program requirements.
  • provide center based child care and preschool programs.
  • provide nutritious meals and snacks for your child.

Your first step is to call: (530) 623-2024 or 1-800-358-5251

Please request an "Eligibility List Application." Fill it out and return it to us as soon as possible.

We will then schedule an appointment to review your eligibility. You will need to provide verification of your employment and/or training status as well as your sources of income.

If you have any questions or need special assistance completing this process do not hesitate to call the numbers listed above.

© 2019 Human Response Network. All Rights Reserved | Design, Developed, and Deployed by ProjectA, Inc.